GRAND FINALE EVENT : Line Follower with LCD Display & 7-Segment Championship
The objective of this contest is to complete the track in the shortest period of time while accurately tracing the line from Start to Finish.
- All participants must carry their Event Entry Pass all time.
- All participants must bring their own Robots.
- Robot must have passed inspection prior to the competition.
- Time will be counted from starting point to finish point. A robot is deemed to have crossed the line when the forward most wheel, track, or leg of the robot contacts or crosses over the line.
- Robot can be powered up by using an on-board rechargeable battery or external DC power supply. Power supply should not exceed 12V in any case.
- 12V Battery eliminators/Adapters will be provided at the event. It is the responsibility of the team to properly handle the wires when operating the bot with external power supply.
- A maximum time of 3 minutes will be given for a robot to complete the track. A robot taking time more than 3 minutes will be disqualified.
- Timekeeping: time shall be measured by an electronic gate system or by a judge with a stopwatch, based on the availability of equipment. In either case the recorded time shall be final.
- Losing the Line: any robot that loses the line course must reacquire the line at the point where it was lost, or at any earlier (e.g. already traversed) point.
- Skip Rule: A maximum of 3 skips are allowed, in which a participant can pick up the bot from where it loses the line and can keep it on the line not exceeding 10 cm from where the bot loses the line.
- Manual touch other than used for skip is not allowed if robot is touched manually it will be counted as a skip.
- Skip Penalty: 10 Second penalty for Each Skip.
- Robots have to stay on the ground. Thus they may not fly or jump.
- Robots must not damage the tournament area/arena.
- Energy sources like springs, compressed-air etc. are not permitted. Combustion engines are not allowed because of noise and exhaust gas.
- All kinds of weapons (saws, lasers, electroshocks, hammer) are strictly forbidden.
- Claims because of changing lighting conditions in the room or flash lights of photographers won't be accepted. Participants have to face these "disturbances".
- Equipment which harms or disturbs another robot (e.g. jammer, light flash, interfering ultrasonic or infrared transmitter) are forbidden. Disturbances or assistance caused by intervention of humans during a competition are forbidden, as well.
- Marks are allotted according to the Mark Evaluation Scheme.
Mark Evaluation Scheme: Total 100 Marks
- If it follows the line from START point to END point: 40 Marks
- Making and Design: 20 Marks
- If it displays how much time it has taken on 7 Segment Display: 20 Marks
- If it displays UNIQUE TEAM-ID of participating team on LCD display: 20 Marks
- Robot has to operate autonomously and should not be remote-controlled. All systems (like sensors, power supply, data-processing and control-systems) have to completely reside on the robot.
- Robot should fit in a box of dimensions 30cmx30cmx30cm.
- Robot should have an easily reachable emergency stop button which interrupts the power supply of the actuators. On demand of the jury or in imminent danger, a team member has to stop the robot immediately.
- Robot can have 7 segment displays on it to display how much time it has taken to traverse the line.
- Robot can have LCD Display to display UNIQUE TEAM-ID of participating team.
- The line following course consists of a white colour background with a line of black colour (3 cm width).
- There shall be a starting area at the beginning of the course and an exit area at the end. The line course starts inside the starting area and ends inside the exit area.
- There shall be crossovers (e.g. places where the line crosses itself)
- The line course may have 1 or more sharp right-angle.
* The decisions of all officials regarding these rules and the conduct of the event shall be final.
* All rules subject to change without notice.
BUY ONLINE PRODUCT FROM :
ARENA GRAND FINALE EVENT